1. Eggs for breakfast instead of cereal
- Eggs are amongst the healthiest foods on the planet for lots of reasons. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals, high quality proteins, good fats and various other lesser-known nutrients. Eggs are cheap, taste nice and go with almost any food.
- Eating eggs at breakfast means all that goodness is being consumed and used through the day, keeps you fuller for longer and reduces the desire to add more calories at subsequent meal times.
- Preparing an egg or two is a matter of minutes. Boil, poach or microwave with a slither of cheap salmon on top is a perfect way to start the day.
2. If it walked or grew out the ground – eat it!
- Animal products and veggies combined can help you feel more satisfied with fewer calories.
- Animal products like meat is high in protein. It takes the body more calories to digest and make use of protein, than it does fat and carbs. Protein also increases satiety, meaning you stay fuller for longer, so the desire to consume more calories during the day is reduced significantly.
- Eating your veggies has the same effect. Vegetables and some fruits have low energy density. They have a higher water content and less calories and a higher soluble fibre density, meaning helping digestion and feeling fuller for longer.
3. Go to bed earlier
Poor sleep can mess up important metabolic hormones like leptin and cortisol. A tired person is more prone to stress reactions during the day meaning you are more likely to turn to food for comfort. Getting sleep under control can reduce appetite and cravings. Studies show that inadequate sleep is one of the strongest risk factors for obesity… short sleep duration raising the risk by 55% in adults.
Just by deciding NOW to make these small changes to your life, will begin to have a dramatic effect on your hunger levels and provide you with the building blocks for a steady weight loss going forward.